Saturday, September 13, 2014

Star Magic Internship Experience Part 1



*removes cobwebs and blows off dust*


Hi blog! Wow.. it’s been an awful long time since I went on here. For the nth time, I was preoccupied with schoolworks and other #graduatingproblems. It was hard to manage my time. Actually, I’m currently typing this in an MS Word file because I just finished doing the chapter 1 of our thesis and I wanted to grab the opportunity when my mind is active and hyper so I can blog this when I get access on the internet. Mwahaha. Yea, you heard me right. I am now staying at the dorm during weekdays which left me internet-deprived. It seems like I’m living on the mountainous part of the Philippines because I can only get a decent internet access when I’m at home on weekends. Thanks to Chatime and Arellano University for being my another source of wifi. Lol! Anyway, as  I said on the last post, I will be documenting here my internship experience at ABS-CBN, Star Magic. Ha-ha silly me for thinking that I could post my weekly experience. Well at least, I’m somewhat fulfilling my promise now. Besides, I think a half-baked promise is better than broken promises, right? #hugot Hahaha kidding.

Before anything else, let’s talk about my basic internship profile. I belonged to the Promotions and Publicity department of Star Magic. My tasks included media monitoring, doing write-ups for promotions, endorsements and any other events of our Star Magic artists and the most fun part, attending concerts, presscons, blogcons, photoshoot of Star Magic artists—and if you are thick-faced enough, have a selfie with your favorite artists. *shower of confettis*. My department manager is Ms. Thess and my immedaite head is Ms. Lyka—which later I got to called Ate Lyks. I also got to work with fellow interns named Garen and Judy which became instant friends.

Hahaha sorry for the long introduction. Now, where moving on to Chapter 5. Hahaha kidding.

Week 1: It was just my first week but Star Magic has welcomed me with a great internship experience. On the first few days of my internship, I was assigned doing simple tasks like going to different departments to get memos signed. I also remember Ms. Kate, one of the handlers of Star Magic talents there, asked me to record expenses that are related to work. I also got to assist Ms. Dana, road manager, in preparation for Maja’s upcoming concert. After doing the task, I was surprised that Ate Lyks had included my name on the guest list of Maja’s concert. Yay!!! Perks of being an intern.

Last July 9, I was able to watch Maja’s sold out concert. Task were given before the performance started but in all, it felt more like an enjoyment for me.

Tasks included checkiing the attendance of the media people who are invited and helping kuya, the promoter, in shouting "bili na po kayong cd!!!" hahahha.







Concert














My reward:






Dahan-dahan lang, dahan-dahan lang, dahan-dahan lang. Hahaha I was LSSed for weeks!




Week 2: I got assigned to do media monitoring. Media monitoring is keeping an eye on the issues about the Star Magic Artists written on tabloids and broadsheets. Ate Lyks told me that I’d be the first one to use the digital media monitoring. Before, those summer interns were painstakingly cut out articles from the broadsheets and tabloids and paste it on a paper and label the name of the newspaper, writer and the date. But in the digital monitoring, the computer will sort it out for me those things alphabetically. Hahaha I don’t expect you readers to get it but there you go. :p Often, talent handlers and road managers also asked me to do some work for them when my department did not have any assigned task. But the highlight of the week was... *drum rolls* YAHOO! OMG! AWARDS!!!!!!! Yes, Yahoo. I clearly know how it feels because my initial reaction are also YAHOO!!!!!!!!! And OMG!!!!!!!!!! Does it mean I got a chance to brush elbows with the celebrities? Yes. Yes!!!!!!!!








So there I was able to see celebrities like Xian Lim, Kim Chui, Jake Cuenca and even those non-Star Magic artists like Karylle, Vhong Navarro and Vice Ganda. Teng brothers were also at the event and I grabbed my chance to take a picture with them. But the real prize that I got to have was seeing COCO MARTIN!!! Oh for Pete’s sake, only my hormones know how clearly I am attracted to COCO MARTIN!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I spent the evening just admiring him from a far because I got no one to ride with my obsession (Ate Lyks is busy doing her duties). Since Coco and Vice Ganda are the ones in their area, I can’t just approach Vice Ganda to do me a favor of taking the photo of me and Coco  using my SLR. Haha. Nope, a selfie just ain’t possible. So there, I missed my chance. L







Coco.... *plays So Close*


And I'm reminded again of the pain that I felt during those precious moment so I'm gonna end this post now. Hahaha. Actually, I just need to get some zzz's.


Isn’t it amazing? Isn’t it surprising? Lmao. There’s a whole lot moooore! I have  total of 8 weeks rendered in ABS-CBN. Though I want to detail all of these in just one post, I can’t remember the next 4 weeks because my Daily Time Record (DTR) where my daily tasks are recorded and evaluation sheet are still with Ms. Lyks. I just provided you what my photographic memory has told me. Lol. I’ll continue the Part II of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment