Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back On The Track: Energizer Fun Run 2014

Last September 6, Saturday, I was back on the running track. It's been a while since I joined a running event (I think if my memory serves me right, the last one was Run Rio United 1 last March) because of personal issues I have to deal with.

The Public Relations Department (#wordsIlearnedtoadapt. Thanks, Star Magic) organized the running event on evening time. Because, really, what's the most efficient time to justify the reliability of their batteries? Evening! Evening where Mr. Sunshine took a long break and only their lifesaver products can help you distinguish if you are still running on the track or on the woods already. Hahaha. By the way, the event was held at Filinvest Alabang. For us 10k  runners, the gunshot started at 7:30 pm. 

Here are some of the pictures I took from Ate Pam. Credits to Tara Trip Tayo on Facebook for taking every incessant pose we did as if we were the main subject of the event. Hahaha.



My time was 1 hour and 42 minutes. Not bad for someone who never did a warm up. Hahaha. No, I didn't mean to steal attention with my headlight that I forgot to turn off. But at least, I was able to unconsciously attested to what their product claims. Lmao.

And photobooth picture


How many socially acceptable peace signs can you see in the picture? Hahaha.


I missed running. I missed wearing my running shoes where I have to actually use it in moving my feet with vigor, not just for the sake of getting likes on instagram with the hashtag #ootd. I missed the endurance I feel on my insides that drives me to keep moving forward whenever I see the signs where it dictates how many kilometer I have already run. I missed the competition between my complaining feet, famishing stomach and unbreakable motivation. Of course, we already know who among them always wins first, the one who led me to the finish line, the one who convinces me to still join and join running marathons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment